theDesk Hong Kong is looking for a junior web application developer to help us in building the future of co-working spaces and communities. As we are expanding our operations and developing more technologies, we are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, flexible mind and ready to face the challenges of being part of a new technology product development team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
As part of theDesk team, you are not only a key member of a growing organization but also are encouraged to share new ideas and bring any type of expertise you may have to make things happen. We are focused on shipping products that make a difference and helps our community members.
If you love meeting people of all trades, learning new skills and bring your web development skills to help a growing community and organization, please drop us a line and send us your resume.
Main technologies we use:
- Alibaba Cloud
- Google Cloud
You will find the formal and usual responsibilities and requirements below as a guideline of who we are looking for.
- Design and maintain front-end of different existing and future web applications for theDesk.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Create application prototypes based on software such as InVision or using HTML/CSS
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases thru APIs
- Advise on the development and optimization of backend services
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay in touch with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Working experience in web programming
- Familiar with AGILE methodologies/SCRUM project management framework
- Knowledge of UX/UI design
- Programming skills and knowledge of modern development frameworks
- Experience developing applications using the MEAN stack highly desired
- Solid understanding of how web applications work, including security, session management, and best development practices
- Familiar with cloud computing concepts and processes (AWS/Alibaba Cloud)
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization processes
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Have a good sense of humour and not being afraid to voice your opinion when it matters.
If you are interested please send your resume and a line or two about you to Laurent Dubois at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org