Wine on theDesk – Meet the Old French
Learn the Wine Basic in 1.5 Hours With 6 Wines!
A wise and successful businessman with knowledge tells good story as well as a bottle of wine. Wines tell good stories, especially the wines from the old world - Bordeaux, France. In collaboration with theDesk neighbors in Admiralty and Causeway Bay, Real Treasure and cpjobs, we are hosting a wine workshop with 6 highly recommended wines from Bordeaux, 5 of them get above 86 points from Wine Searcher, 1 of the bottles even gets a higher score at 91 points from Robert Parker and 2 of them are awarded by the recognized wine award organizations. We will learn about some wine stories and the meanings behind the wine labels at this 1.5-hour workshop through tasting those 6 impressive wines. Let’s TASTE, LEARN and BECOME A WISE PERSON on October 29 (Tuesday)!
Our workshop covers…
- Wine Drinking Manner
- Introduction of French Wine
- Characters of Wine from Bordeaux
- Know about the Bordeaux Wine Labels
- 6 Wines to Taste!
- Chateau Bellegrave 2009 (Wine Searcher – 88)
- Chateau Ferran 2011 (Robert Parker – 91 / Wine Searcher – 87)
- Chateau Haut Pasquet 2012 (Wine Searcher – 86)
- Chateau Les Moines 2006 (Wine Searcher – 87)
- Chateau Mayne Blanc cuvee tradition 2010 (Wine Searcher – 88 / Gold Medal of both Concours de Bordeaux and Concours General Agricole de Paris)
- Domaine Isabelle et Pierre Clement Mentou-Salon “Alexandre”2012 (Wine Searcher – 88)
Date: October 29, 2019 (Tuesday)
Time: 6:45pm – 8:30pm
Location: theDesk United Centre (5/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty)
theDesk Member | cpjobs Member: HK$50
Neighborhood membership: HK$100
Wines and Canapes are all included!
*The workshop will be conducted in English*