Are you struggling with something? You can find support. Smart Recovery Hong Kong offers free non-religious weekly addiction meetings.
When: Every Tuesday, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Where: theDesk, 511 Queen’s Road West, Sai Ying Pun
Transport: HKU Station, Island Line, Exit B2
theDesk is proud to host SMART Recovery Hong Kong in Sai Ying Pun.
Meetings are open to the public and free. However, we pass a hat for donations. You do not need to contact the facilitator or register prior to attending. You are welcome to just show up.
If you do have questions about the meeting or need further information, please email us at SMARTRecoveryHK@gmail.com.
Welcome to SMART Recovery Hong Kong. Discover the ‘Power of Choice!’™
We are Asia’s leading self-empowering addiction recovery support group. Our participants learn tools for addiction recovery based on the latest scientific research.
Group members participate in a world-wide community which includes free, self-empowering, science-based mutual help groups.
SMART Recovery 4-Point Programme
The SMART Recovery 4-Point Programme offers tools and techniques for each programme point:
- Building and Maintaining Motivation
- Coping with Urges
- Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours
- Living a Balanced Life
SMART Recovery Hong Kong is an organisation that:
- Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance
- Provides meetings that are educational, supportive and include open discussions
- Teaches techniques for self-directed change
- Supports the scientifically informed use of psychological treatments and legally prescribed psychiatric and addiction medication
- Works on substance abuse, alcohol abuse, addiction and drug abuse as complex maladaptive behaviours with possible physiological factors
- Evolves as scientific knowledge in addiction recovery evolves
- Differs from Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and other 12-step programmes
We hold another weekly meeting on Hong Kong Island on Connaught Road West.
When: Every Monday 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Where: Suite 3001, 30/F, 118 Connaught Road West, MRT station Exit A2. We are in the building across the road.