theDesk is looking for a smart, proactive and detail-oriented accounting assistant to support theDesk’s ongoing expansion plans in the co-working business in Hong Kong.
theDesk does co-working differently. Established in Hong Kong in June 2016, the co-working and events space company has been on a mission to build an inclusive community across the city’s diverse neighbourhoods of Sai Wan and Causeway Bay. Future expansion plans are in the way, both locally and regionally in China and Southeast Asia.
Job title: Accounting Assistant (full time)
Start date: Immediate
Duties and responsibilities:
• General accounting duties: Handle the general ledger, account payable and account receivable; prepare journals and data entry; reconcile cash and bank balance
• Cash flow: Monitor bank movements and maintain close communications with other departments for scheduling payments
• Invoice: Issue sales invoice on a timely basis and check purchase invoice for payment
• Analysis: Perform breakdown analysis of Balance Sheet items
• Record keeping: Maintain a tidy and well-organized filing system for vouchers, statements, contract and fixed assets
• Ad hoc duties: Perform as and when required
Discover theDesk: Seven reasons why you’ll love working at theDesk Leighton Centre
• Bachelor degree holder in finance/accounting/business-related discipline
• 1 – 2 years relevant working experience an advantage (fresh grad are welcomed)
• Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
• Smart, proactive, responsible, detail-oriented and able to work independently
• Proficient with various database software, especially MS Excel, Google Sheets, and accounting software, e.g. Xero
Interested? Contact us today:
This role reports to theDesk’s Finance Manager. Please contact Christine Kwan: email@example.com to submit your application. Closing date for applications: 15th October 2018. State your current and expected salary in the email.
*Personal data provided will only be used for recruitment-related purposes and will be treated in strict confidence.