theDesk is looking for a smart, ambitious and consultative-in-approach commercial executive to support theDesk’s ongoing expansion plans in the co-working business in Hong Kong.
theDesk does co-working differently. Established in Hong Kong in June 2016, the co-working and events space company has been on a mission to build an inclusive community across the city’s diverse neighbourhoods of Sai Wan and Causeway Bay. Future expansion plans are in the way, both locally and regionally in China and Southeast Asia.
Job title: Commercial Executive
Start date: Immediate
Duties and responsibilities:
• Sales: Deliver a consultative approach to qualifying, placing and retaining Members across theDesk’s portfolio. Grow Membership and commercial opportunities in existing sites to meet targets and provide support to new projects and partnerships.
• Enhance the Network: Focus on building and fostering relationships with Members and clients who share theDesk’s values and ethos. Develop a referral network and repeat business opportunities. Support account management, upsell and retention across the portfolio.
• Products and Service Development: Provide input and ongoing analysis into the product and service portfolio including proposing ideas for new product and service development.
• Team: Provide support to the core Commercial Team including the Commercial Director and Commercial Manager in operational tasks. Act as a bridge between the Community Teams and supporting functions.
• Stay Ahead: Be organised in time, resources and reporting. Participate in cross-functional project and working groups to support broader company objectives.
• Mindset: Think differently. Add value to theDesk’s spaces and position the company as a co-working front-runner.
Discover theDesk: Seven reasons why you’ll love working at theDesk Leighton Centre
• At least 3 years of experience in commercial or consultative sales roles
• Fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese) required. Mandarin is advantageous
• Self-sufficiency – able to perform independently
• A passion for innovation — ability to think creatively, implement ideas and retain a commercial mindset
• Smart, fast-learner with a broad knowledge base
Interested? Contact us today:
This role reports to theDesk’s Commercial Director. Please contact Paul Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your application. Closing date for applications: 15th October 2018. State your current and expected salary in the email.
*Personal data provided will only be used for recruitment-related purposes and will be treated in strict confidence.